Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        I want a custom Quake 2 map from you...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I want a custom Quake 2 map from you...

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One that you guys have made, something thats nice. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to re-light it so that it works with PPL as a quick test example. The .map file is not needed for this but would help, however i don't mind either way.

I don't think I would re-texture it, but if you gave your blessing then maybe i could make it an offical Multiplayer map for Quake II Evolved thats fully PPL complete with re-made textures.

Somebody help me out here, I want a nice map to do. :icon32:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I deleted all my Q2 maps years ago when I swore of level editing and modding all together. DOH!!!

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if you're looking for MP or SP, but if it's the former, you're welcome to use one of mine (and retexture if you wish), as long as I get credit for the original.

They aren't really all that awesome, since I was just starting to get into making FPS levels at that point (although the 1-on-1 map is pretty decent). Let me know if you want to use one, and I'll shoot you the .map if it will make it easier.

[Edit: Doh. Just noticed you said MP in the original post. I reed gud. So, yeah...see if any of those thrill you...]

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 10:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sure, any and all are welcome. Post some linkage and I'll take a sniff :P

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 02:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok,the map I want is pjw3tourney1a, which you may notice is a Q3 map.

I'll download it later and see how many curves it has, i can do curves NP in the Q2 engine higher poly and better mapped than Q3/D3.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 04:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://retinal.fov120.com/ <- this guys q2 maps are very cool, I recommend you port every one of them. I'm sure he would agree if you sent him an email.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Ok,the map I want is pjw3tourney1a, which you may notice is a Q3 map.

pjw3tourney1a? Is the "a" a typo? If not, you want a map I haven't made. :)

Seriously though, if you want to translate it to Q2, you're welcome to do so. Let me know if you want the .map after you give it a closer look.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-23-2005 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have all my Q2 maps & Q2 .map files still around.. take a look threw my maps and if there are any that interest you I would be happy to give ya the source for it.

http://www.planetquake.com/shadowdane/maps.htm

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.