Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Looks like iD is Hiring

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looks like iD is Hiring

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://map-center.com/modules.php?name= ... le&sid=341

Can't find anything but that, so if anyone wants to give it a try. GL

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Heh, well I have a hard time seeing anybody on a community forum get a job like that... if, it must be very rare...

This

* 4 years game industry experience, or credit on at least one shipped title preferred.
* Experience with creating hi poly models and real time game content using normal maps.
* Strong traditional art background a plus

I don't know any mapper here or anywhere else this applies to, that doesen't already work in the bizz.
iD's looking for the best of the best as usual.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 07-20-2005 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, game industry experience preferred, I'm sure if you wowed them with something amazing and maybe some mod work or whatnot you'd get hired. Looks like they are looking for someone with experience in a 3d application though...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 02:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"if you wowed them with something amazing and maybe some mod work or whatnot you'd get hired."

Unfortunately, just because you have a kickass model that doesn't hold any weight to your ability to work under tightdeadlines and to adapt (very quickly) to in-house protocol and toolsets - 4years experience is testimate to this. ...the word 'mod' screams amatuer/hobbyist and work created on a mod would be best submitted simply as work.

anyway... just my 2c. going through countless mapper/modeler aplications makes you become a 'shift-delete' junkie :P

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 04:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I figured mod work would demonstrate your ability to hit deadlines, but I guess that depends on the mod.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even if you don't have any official experience as a game developer, you can still illustrate your ability to hit deadlines and ability to work as a team by submitting your previous work experience. It may not be game developer experience, but at least it shows them that you are able to function well in a work environment.

While they are looking for someone that closely matches that discription, I bet they are willing to bend a little on one or two of those requirements if you're good enough.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-21-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"generally making a nuisance of him/herself in the name of game art excellence."

well got that covered at least

takes some real tallent to come up with something original repeatedly when you have time restraints.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.