Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        A new site...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: A new site...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-19-2005 11:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey everyone spent some time and redid my website, also been spending time learning Maya's Nurbs modeling package, learned a lot this week, come by when you get a chance!

http://www.planetquake.com/vexar

Don't be koi
Don't be koi
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 12:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nurbs?! NUUUUUURBS!! </ogre>

Looking good. I like how quickly the images loaded. When I realized the format it was in I was afraid it was going to be excrutiatingly slow like most others I've seen around the net, but was pleasantly surprised. One odd thing I did get a couple times while browsing around the site was getting sent to a blank page with the planetquake header and the banner. I wasn't able to reliably reproduce the error, but it happened a couple times while I was poking around. (firefox 1.0 if it helps)

I remember seeing just about every map on the site. Great work. :icon14:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 01:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

l0g1c wrote:
Nurbs?! NUUUUUURBS!! </ogre>

Looking good. I like how quickly the images loaded. When I realized the format it was in I was afraid it was going to be excrutiatingly slow like most others I've seen around the net, but was pleasantly surprised. One odd thing I did get a couple times while browsing around the site was getting sent to a blank page with the planetquake header and the banner. I wasn't able to reliably reproduce the error, but it happened a couple times while I was poking around. (firefox 1.0 if it helps)

I remember seeing just about every map on the site. Great work. :icon14:

Yeah once the site loads each page loads all the images, then it goes fast I am not a web designer. so Photoshop and DW is all I know at this point.

I figured I might have banner errors, but I block all the banners and never see them, if you do get a repro step or someone else send it over I will fix it. Thanks for coming to the site!

-V

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If i may feel so free to say so, I hate your site design tbh :paranoid:
there is no doubt that the content does own, and browsing thru the images has been made pleasant, but the looks of the site itself, i think you spent way too little time on it.

good to hear from you anyway :]

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There arn't any download links?

Also I'd change the (CSS) mouse icon back to the 'linkable' finger so users know imediately the picktures are clickable.

This version is 'cleaner' than the last one that's for sure..!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where do you work at and what game is that you mapped for?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

redfella wrote:
Where do you work at and what game is that you mapped for?

Medal of Honor Spearhead & Breakthrough EA
James Bond Agent Under Fire EA

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool Vexar! :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

corsair wrote:
there is no doubt that the content does own, and browsing thru the images has been made pleasant, but the looks of the site itself, i think you spent way too little time on it.

Corsair? You don’t like Blue? Who doesn't like blue? I did not spend too much time on the looks actually, photoPiggy works well for banging out generic art, most of my time was on functionality, and the images will all be redone at some point, but are laid out so I can swap them out. I spent a total of 3 days on the site, and 2.6 days were on the dam images trying to get a thumb nail layout with a larger window to display them with out creating lots of little html pages like most automated programs spit out . The way it was finally done is easy to maintain, but is very hacky IMHO. If you know a better way to do it let me know.

It looks better than my old site for now, it will improve as my skills do...

thanks for coming by!

-V

Also good point Kat I should have added them I will get that fixed...

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't like the look of the site either. It's clean and that's good, but it feels a little empty - its' navigation part seems to be more important than the content.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vexar wrote:
corsair wrote:

Corsair? You don’t like Blue? Who doesn't like blue? I did not spend too much time on the looks actually, photoPiggy works well for banging out generic art, most of my time was on functionality, and the images will all be redone at some point, but are laid out so I can swap them out. I spent a total of 3 days on the site, and 2.6 days were on the dam images trying to get a thumb nail layout with a larger window to display them with out creating lots of little html pages like most automated programs spit out . The way it was finally done is easy to maintain, but is very hacky IMHO. If you know a better way to do it let me know.

It looks better than my old site for now, it will improve as my skills do...

thanks for coming by!

-V

Also good point Kat I should have added them I will get that fixed...

New images in the modeling section..

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.