Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Patch Mesh

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Patch Mesh

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 08-17-2005 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A friend of mine is into level editing, but because he's busy, i'm doing him a favour by asking for him, just incase you were wondering why i was posting a level editing question :p.

Anyway, here is the message,

'How can i make a cube out of a Patch Mesh without using like 6 different parts for 1 cube?
Example:
The aim is to make it look like cellshading without using 6 different "simple patch mesh" parts. Using 6 "simple patch mesh" parts is allot of work and when i want to make another shape i need even more "simple patch mesh" parts. But there has to be a way to make this a lot easier.
This is what i thought of:
Expanding the original shape then convert it to Patch Mesh (but how do i then add the texture?)'

Hope this makes sense to you guys, and thanks a lot from me and him :p

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-17-2005 06:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why not just use extended brush primatives with reversed UVs?

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 08-17-2005 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He said he's tryed googling, but he's not sure how to do this :D

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 08-17-2005 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why make a cube out of a mesh?

had a go in quark and you can make a cube with two meshes (not one because you have to fold it over itself) - but can't see a reason for doing it when you could use a brush and q3map's celshading stuff.

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a square cylinder + 2 simples.

Holy Fucking Shit
Holy Fucking Shit
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nvm people he solved his problem thankyou all :lub:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.