Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Hey programmers:

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Hey programmers:

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

VNC sucks.

Do something about it.

I can only type and use the mouse.

I'd like to use this tablet with all it's wonderful pressure and tilt sensitivity via VNC, but of course that doesn't work. I'm stuck here connected to my home PC and only able to use the keyboard and mouse. I'm getting about 12FPS at medium quality which is fairly good for VNC, but imagine if you could run at whatever the refresh rate was via video compression. As far as I know, every VNC client/server use an image transfer solution, when live compression of video is now possible at high speeds. It'd be nice to use VNC at 60FPS or higher. :)

Become famous. Make the first Wacom friendly VNC server/client.

That is all.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4g3nt_Smith I agree completely with your sig, most truth ever to be packed into 4 words.

(hope you don't mind me joining you?)

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Of course not.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks, wonderful

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make me famous, newbies.

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

60 fps, seriously, thats just incredibly moronic and needless.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 07:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOLOL I JOIN THE REVOLUTION

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 11:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

corsair wrote:
60 fps, seriously, thats just incredibly moronic and needless.

Saying it's moronic is the stupid comment. You can't get accurate feedback when using a wacom tablet unless you're at least above 30-40fps.

I know, because I've tried on my TV. At 60hz it looked fine. Anything below that, I couldn't handle.

If you think you can draw with a tablet over VNC at 5fps, then go ahead.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why the fuck would you need to use a wacom over VNC?

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

djzepp is now one in the brotherhood

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 02-25-2005 07:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:
VNC sucks.

Do something about it.

Why do you think this statement is going to make anybody want to do what you want?

PostPosted: 02-26-2005 12:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

eepberries wrote:
rep wrote:
VNC sucks.

Do something about it.

Why do you think this statement is going to make anybody want to do what you want?

I've sat back and watched him make a fool out of himself on several other forums here. This was always his haven for retreat. I'm glad folks here are finally seeing him for what he really is. An egotistical, elitist ass. I've yet to see anything of real value from him in any form. He talks a good game but that's about it. I've also seen the same thing from him at a few other forums. All front and little substance.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:
If you think you can draw with a tablet over VNC at 5fps, then go ahead.

The question should be... wtf are you using a tablet over vnc?

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*sighs in joy* I've always liked these forums :)

Z

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.