Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Burning .mov woes

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Burning .mov woes

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-04-2005 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I am trying to burn a .mov file and in quicktime and media player classic the audio is fine and perfectly matched. When I burned the .mov to a DVD using NeroVision Express 2. I first thought it was my old X-Box and the Thomson drive or a bad DVD+RW but when I went back into NeroVision Express 2 and I went to the editing part for the movie I got no sound. Now any other .mov file is perfect and the sound plays, but this one .mov won't. The .mov that won't play nice with NeroVision Express 2 is 1.36GB. Anyone know a fix to this?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

give this a shot, its one of the best that ive used.

http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 01:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well it converts the video and the audio but it cuts the video in half and has an annoying tag in the middle of the screen

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nero is a piece of shit for dvds
its great for data burning but complete junk for video.
just use tmpg its the best mpeg converter i've used, and it will work on .mov files.

guide: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/55/59/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-05-2005 04:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea, its the demo kill... DEMO...

TMpg is great, its just gets a little to much for some users to use. thast why i recommended winavi converter.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
nero is a piece of shit for dvds
its great for data burning but complete junk for video.
just use tmpg its the best mpeg converter i've used, and it will work on .mov files.

guide: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/55/59/

well that converts the video quite well, but what should I use to burn the video?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can you just use a MPEG -> vob conversion, or just burn it with Nero again.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i use DVD-Lab to author menus and such, then burn it out of that.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I have started burning the disk files to HDD and then burning that to DVD, just in case there is some issue with the DVD so I don't have to wait 2-3 hours for transcoding then I delete the files on the HDD.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.