Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        All folders and drives are read only

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: All folders and drives are read only

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 02:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No matter how many times I uncheck the read-only box, every folder on my computer gets set to read only. I'm running Windows XP SP2 with NTFS partitions.

Never dies...
Never dies...
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like a virus to me. I had one that hid all my files on my comp. I kept unhiding them but on restart they rehid themselves. Had to reinstall Windows. :(

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 03:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Read only is normal, it shouldn't actually be read only, its just sayin that [it should have a square in the box instead of a checkmark].

I don't know why it is like that, but it is normal.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.