Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        something's wrong

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: something's wrong

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 02:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me and my friends playing Q3 via WiFI Lan and i have problem to get somehow kicked out from server after a round end. {fraglimit/timelimit is hit}. After a round is over i can see the final score for a while and then it kicks me out to the very main menu. Other players can play the next round with no problem, but i have to connect step by step each time.
p.s.: we're playing a version without any patches or upgrades
pls help.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try renaming your q3config.cfg, it might clear out some dodgy config settings.

also, make sure you don't have any custom mods that were incorrectly installed into your quake3arena/baseq3 directory, or custom maps interfering with stuff. failing that, try running the server with sv_pure set to 0 (this is a hacking countermeasure, but if you're playing with friends you can trust it should be alright to disable it)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.