Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        buying a new monitor, narrowed it down to two:

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: buying a new monitor, narrowed it down to two:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 04:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

any thoughts, opinions, reviews, links, anything relating to these monitors would be greatly appreciated:

BenQ FP737S

Phillips 170S5FS/100

Both 17" LCD screens, and we're on a bit of a budget so that's what we came up with. anything would be good, i'm leaning a little toward the BenQ at the moment because i've heard good things about them, but i'm not very well versed with this stuff.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make sure it's got DVI, image quality is sharper using it. Assuming your graphics card has a DVI connector too which it should do if bought in the last 3 years or so.

YourGrandpa in RnR can advise on graphics cards, he's always got the newest stuff. I thought he'd told everyone already tho. Guess even he's not perfect :shrug: :icon31:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-07-2005 02:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, its worth the extra few $$ to find one that has a DVI port.
and if you shop around i've seen some 17"-ers that have 12ms response times now.
i think the two you quoted are both 16ms, which should be fine, however they both are analog D-Sub only for input.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.