Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Recovering Deleted Files

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Recovering Deleted Files

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 03:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

right so i'm trying to get a word document recovered that was accidentily deleted. i tried using one of the numerous file recovering programs out there but non of them really seem to work all that well.

is there a better more efficient (i.e. manual) way to get the lost data back? or is there even a definitive recovery program that i should look into?

btw, does it matter whether or not the hdd was formatted with ntfs or fat32?

mucho thanks.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Easy Recovery Pro is good.

Last edited by Tormentius on 02-09-2005 06:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.

FragaGeddon
FragaGeddon
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 05:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got a program called restoration that should work.
Send me an email so I can send it to you.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 05:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a HDD crash and most of the programs i could recover the majority of the files i'd lost, but there were a few files none of them (i tried about 5) could get back, you might have completely lost the file. Good luck.

Last edited by phantasmagoria on 02-10-2005 01:46 PM, edited 1 time in total.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
Easy Recovery Pro is good.

Ive used that but found "recover my files" to be even better.

I just went thru a hell of a recovery on a totally screwed up drive. GDB didnt work, easy recovery sort of worked, but had the file sizes screwed up. "recover my files" worked really well, and scans pretty fast. you can even filter for file extentions. :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.