Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Right click menus layering over the top of each other

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Right click menus layering over the top of each other

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-11-2005 11:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heya,
The right-click menus on some programs on my rig are being fucked up by native windows ones.

What I mean is.. when I right-click on a folder and select 'play in winamp', it does, but it also invokes the windows 'move' dialog box.. both at the same time.

Checked the file associations, they're fine.

Also, right-clicking on programs in the task bar cause the native windows taskbar to show up.... clicking off then coming back a second time gives the correct taskbar.

This is a bit of a headache. What's more, it's happened across several reformats now.. after installing all my gubbins it starts showing up again, but I have no idea where it's coming from.

Any ideas...cheers.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-11-2005 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RIght. think I've fixed the first part of this, right-clicking on folders for winamp... that was because I had 'Sent to' and 'Copy to' on the context menu in windows, which breaks it.

Second problem of overlapping menus on the taskbar continues :(

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-11-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

on a similiary related note, one problem i've been getting is when right clicking taskbar icons, it brings up the wrong menu..

example: i have powerstrip, steam, msn messenger and the ati control centre thingy running, i right click the steam icon and it brings up the msn right click menu.

If i then left click on the desktop and try again, it brings up the relevant menu... wtf?

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-11-2005 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds a lot like my problem.

WIndows Home with SP1 here, Geforce 4 To4200, Microsoft mouse drivers. Any similarities?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-11-2005 01:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, not really.
Thinking about it, it's only been happening since i installed SP2..

XP Pro SP2, 9800pro, default drivers for logitech mx510...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.