Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Need Help w/ Server Stats

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Need Help w/ Server Stats

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:confused:

If anyone is able and willing, I could use some help setting up stats for our server.

I'd like to use vsp. I've downloaded it and read the readme (Laid out pretty well) But basically, I'm a dummy and cant even get the web server set up.

I'm an admin for an OSP CTF server through fragspy and I'd like to add the stats to our web page. (http://www.lordsofquake.com) but I dont understand how it all works entirely.

I'm told our web host is fully compatible with php and MySql so it seems possible.

Any help would be appreciated!

~Mort

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it shouldnt be too hard. I havent messed with vsp, but have setup voodoo a few times. I doubt the q3 server is running on the same machine as the website, so you'll need to manually upload the server logs to the parser (unless something new has changed). see me in irc

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay signa, I'll catch you in hbr, thanks.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 05:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sorry, I wasnt there yesterday. I should be around today.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi mort :icon25:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 02:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its simple. the readme is pretty straight forward and all you really need to do with your host is create a database w/user and pass and then plug it into cfg-default.php along with the game you're using (q3a-osp for example) and upload everything into the dir you want. just read the readme completely and you'll get it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.