Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Starting quake 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Starting quake 3

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-14-2005 11:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When i try to start quake 3 i get errors in the console that comes up. It says "Cannot Open GL subsystem....." or something along those lines. I have found out that GL refers to 3d graphics settings or something so that might be something to do with it but that is all i know and i would really like a solution, if someone here knows what i can do about this i would really appreciate it if they could tell me ASAP.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 12:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What video card have you got? Looks like you need to install the latest drivers for it.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The graphics card on his box is "NVIDIA GFORCE2 MX/MX400."

And i checked the version of the driver it had and if i read all the information correctly it is a really old version that hasnt been updated very recently (it said it was from 2001) so ive gone looking for a newer one and downloaded one which looks compatible judging from the info i saw on the site i went to so im going to try installing that and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 04:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the Driver for nvidia/ati based cards are unified.. thus you dont need to select what card you have or anything, you just download the driver pack and install..

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 04:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ive updated the driver, i was a little concerned about compatability with systems and card types and such so AmIdYfReAk was right. Anyway, i installed the driver that i found and it seemed to work and then i tried Quake3 again and it worked perfectly.

Everything works now. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.