Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Java and Homepage viruses

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Java and Homepage viruses

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok big big problem, dunno how i got this one

recently got new viruses that completely shut down my java and recet my homepage to blank..i have no idea if these are reloated or not but the homepage virus is win.32.mersting.b but the filename is SQLBCJK.dll located in my system32 folder, i cant delete this since its in use..no idea how to delete it during startup..before anythings loaded

im currently using windows xp, an hp machine

now this is where things get strange, my java virus is in an account in my system that was deleted from usage but files are still their...unfortunatly i can't find the folder the virus is in...but i can go into my virus scanner and physicly see it in the virus scanner but not though the computer. the folder its in is almost transparent compared to the others and would like to know how to get into it

these java viruses are in Temp internet files for IE 5

their are various viruses around 50 such as
[virus name]
Java.ByteVerify!exploit
Java.Shinwow.AJ
Java.Shinwow.Q
Java.Shinwow.Al

please dont tell me to reload OS...that is shortly once i order my recovery disc :paranoid:

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

boot in safe mode .. windows may not load the dll.

get jv16powertoolz
LINK: http://www.jv16.org

i use it to rid my freinds of viruses that virus scanners can't.

use it to

delete startup items
un-install software the normal windows un-installer can't see.
a fantastic reg cleaner

much more ..try it.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 05:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also, fully update Windows and run a decent antispyware app (Microsoft's new one is good). Antivirus with effective trojan handling capabilities is also a good plan (think Symantec, Panda, Mcaffee, etc).

Surfing....interesting... sites is usually the way these problems are started :icon1: .

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey axe longtime no see

as for the strange sites a friend thought it would be a great prank to send me some trojan to keep loading pr0n on the computer every few mins...my best guess is it loaded something off of their

right now im using that new prog to clean out all temp int files along with the system32 file :p

il keep you updated

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'd be lost without that program .. i have saved the day for loads of people with it.

hiya pissed :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.