Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Just thought I'd point this out to the Firefox people...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hell, I didn't pay for the OS and got IE anyway (Mac version :) ) But I don't use it, since its ages behind the other browsers, lacks compatibility with most of the standards, and encourages cuntish web-design. Aside from that, its an ok bare-bones browser, and would be quite nice if MS updated it to include standards support (along with Frontpage I assume) and filled the massive holes in it.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

IE is the standard...

Open source inclined people may not agree with it and hell, even I don't but with a 90%+ market share Microsoft defines what is standard on the Net.

oblivion
oblivion
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well put. MS product = standard.

thats like saying linux is standard for desktop OS's. not true. same can be said for open source browsers.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That black Opera skin looks very nice (is that Stardock or someshit?) and I'm sure Opera is absolutely wonderful, but there's no fucking way I'm paying for a browser just for a miniscule speed increment.

As for all this talk of what's better/best/etc , comparing Opera and Firefox is like comparing the guy who won the 100m and the guy who came 0.05 secs behind him in second. They're still both fucking fast! And neither are fat bloaters like IE.

It may well be that exploits for FF may appear as it increases its market share from it's current stonking 4% to approach or even surpass IE's dismal 95% share (/sarcasm), but the same would be true of Opera if we all took rep's advice and started using it.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Matter of fact I have the mouse gestures extension for FF and haven't even used it.

Do yourself a favor and start using it for forward and back. Right click mouse drag left goes back a page. Right click drag right goes forward. That's what I use @ work where my mouse doesn't have forward/back buttons. @ home, my mouse does have those buttons and I don't have the plugin installed.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 01:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
That black Opera skin looks very nice (is that Stardock or someshit?)

You can download skins for Opera for free from their website. I'm using Flat Skin v.02 for Opera and K-OSX Black Win/Compact by dumbassjones as my VS.

It's a tad on the dark side, but it looks great in Photoshop. It helps me center my eyes on the work.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 02:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
And neither are fat bloaters like IE.

how is IE a fat bloater?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.