Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        sp2 can be a dumbass

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: sp2 can be a dumbass

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 08:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anybody elses Windows Service Pack 2 Security Center not load up sometimes when you start up your computer? Mine fails to load about 25% of the time and its a real pain in the ass. It's a pain because apparently Windows made it so that your computer is rendered completely useless if Security Center fails to load. Fo Realla. I can't do anything if it doesn't load... Even Start > Shut down Computer > Restart doesnt even work. I have to manually hit the restart button on my box. Wtf?

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You broke your computer. :tear:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 08:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
You broke your computer. :tear:

I doubt that. This computer is probably the cleanest computer on the Eastern seaboard. I don't have shit on it. Basically, just XP pro w/ sp2, a couple games, radiant, and a handful of programs from Adobe and AutoDesk. Just reformatted it like 6 months ago. It's as clean as a whistle.

PostPosted: 02-12-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Disable windows firewall, antivirus and security center. Problem solved.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 09:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can disable security center? Hmm. /me looks.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never fucked up forme, could be a FUBAR install

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Interesting. I haven't seen it hang before but you can disable security centre without disabling the firewall, etc.

Under Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services you'll see Security Centre in the list. Just set it to disabled.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

check your event logs for errors that might be causing that:

right click on my computer > manage > system tools > event viewer > check the 3 logs.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turning off security center notices seems to solve the problem. :)

PostPosted: 02-13-2005 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, ToxicBug was right!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.