Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        CDBurnerXP Pro

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: CDBurnerXP Pro

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Any of you know about this little gem?

It's a freeware CD/DVD burning software.

I ran into it because I needed to burn a bootable ISO over 700MB. I tried overburning in CD-R in Nero and Disc Juggler but the discs (I tried three different types) kept on corrupting. Then I tried creating a bootable DVD, but neither Nero or Roxio would let me do that (granted, I don't have the most recent versions).

I spent 4 hours today in fustration, before I installed CDBurnerXP. And then *BAM!* I'm able to install the ISO to a DVD with no problems.... and my computer boots to it just fine.

Just thought I'd pass along my happiness. :)

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-12-2005 10:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hadn't heard of that one before. Thanks, I'll give it a shot :icon14:

KITTY!!
KITTY!!
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 06:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks quite good, will give it a shot. Cheers :)

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, have been using this for a few months.

One thing I can't find is an option to copy music cds directly.

I'm currently pushing that we use this at work on all our machines, instead of forking over £30 a time for Nero Licensing. Utter rip-off.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How good is its hardware support? We have a couple of machines at work on loan from Intel which have burners that our version of Nero doesn't recognize. A freeware burning utility would be supra nifty :icon14:

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hard to say really, you'd have to talk to a hardware lab to get a proper overview.

Us consumers can't really speak for the entire range of burners. Even most IT Professionals can't, given company's tendency to buy only a few differing models of machine.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well it works on the two burners which didn't work with Nero so :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.