Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        SERVER SET UP

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: SERVER SET UP

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would like to know if there a way of changing weapon on different maps (server side) that when a client connect, he wouldnt need to download a mod.
as a exemple i would like to remove the BFG from all the maps on my server and replace it by the RAILGUN...
Is that possible ???
cause i saw that on some server and i dont have to download anything when i connect to them, i just play there kind of maps with sometime all the weapon are on different place.

When i say there kind of maps, there just the regular maps, like for exemple Q3dm1, insted of the ROCKET LUNCHER you would have the RAILGUN.

And finally if thats possible....the only thing i would like to change on the server would be, the BFG
I would like to change the BFG and the QUAD in all the maps on the server for the RAILGUN.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe the SCTA mod can do that - all server side.

see this thread

Quake Addict
Quake Addict
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 06:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ya i saw that too, but whats the command line to replace the BFG and QUAD by the RAILGUN ???

piecemaker
piecemaker
PostPosted: 02-13-2005 07:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dan1407 wrote:
Ya i saw that too, but whats the command line to replace the BFG and QUAD by the RAILGUN ???

Fuck me.... I had a nice long as fuck reply for you... but I'll shorten it.

Goto the link signa suggested and then to the mods section of that.

Then goto the Server Config section of DOCS on that page. (left side)

Then goto the bottom middle of that page and look for CVAR Search.

Read the page and do as it says to see all the CVARs.

Then do a simple FIND on the page for replace.

There is your answer.

I like to have you do a little work so you can learn a little more about the mod your messing with.

Sorry if I do things different :(

damn that took along time to type even for the short version... lol. whew.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.