Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Forum registration problem

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Forum registration problem

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 06:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A friend of mine has problems with registering at (in? on? for?) this forum. When he accepts the terms this error occurs:

Code:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

MySQL client ran out of memory [2008]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

He already sent an email but no answer yet.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 06:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Our spam bots don't seem to have any trouble registering. :disgust:

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 07:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try a different browzer .. if using Internet Explorer try Firefox or vice versa.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-27-2010 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Won't make a difference, that's a server-side error. Doomer, go fix!

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In order to stop the spam bots maybe the registering capcha thingy is the cause
as indicated by Dark Metal.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi there. I've finally managed to register, don't know if somebody fixed the problem or it just vanished. So here I am ;)

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 09:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That seems to have started when I turned Captcha on. I've disabled it, pending DooMer fixing the problem (permanently).

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 10:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info sire.

the way i would get rid of bots is to give everyone who registers a q3w email address and people have to log in with their own q3w email addy. Easy to ban users me think ??

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a quake3world email address would kick ass.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-28-2010 09:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It took DooMer 3 years to get me my Q3W email address, then I got to use it for a whole 2 months before IGN booted us off their servers.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.