Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Buying a lappy thread

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Buying a lappy thread

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-06-2010 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Helping a friend pick up a new laptop for under a grand. I'm going with this for my final answer, what do you think?

edit: asus g60jx

I know you can get them cheaper...but that's a lot of balls for the price. She needs it to do typical student stuff plus some light gaming (WoW, L4D, etc) and movies.

Last edited by bitWISE on 07-08-2010 07:32 AM, edited 1 time in total.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 07-07-2010 03:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
:) sorry man but i cannot help you but Acer laptops have been good to me.I have 4 Acers and 1 Toshiba's and 1 HP.The HP is junk, Toshiba is good but when i need more laptops I willl buy Acer.
price and quality

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-08-2010 07:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well shit. They stopped selling it already lol. I was looking at the Asus G60JX. I'll take a look at Acer though, thanks.

This one is almost the same as the Asus but no 7200 rpm drive :( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834115795

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-08-2010 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Asus or Mac. :up:

If she needs to travel with it a lot as a student, I'd get something smaller. 13" MB or MBP, for instance. She'll also have a 10-hour battery.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.