Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        GTK Radiant 1.5.0 Problems

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GTK Radiant 1.5.0 Problems

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-24-2010 02:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#1: I have Windows XP (Home Edition) SP2 (Service Pack 2) on my laptop and I'm having problems with GTK Radiant 1.5.0. I have been using the editor for a while (A couple of months to be exact) getting familiar with the editor and starting to make my very own maps for Quake 3 Arena.

I have this problem (which I haven't encountered before) when I start up GTK Radiant 1.5.0, GTK Radiant opens and then a pop up box appears saying:

"Error

GtkGLExt-WARNING (recursed) **: Cannot create GdkGL Context

Aborting..."

Then right after clicking "Ok", another pop up box appears saying:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\GTK Radiant 1.5.0\GTK Radiant.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please Contact the application's support team for more information".

I click "Ok" again and GTK Radiant 1.5.0 closes immediately.

I have never had this problem before with GTK Radiant 1.5.0 and I have searched the internet to find a possible solution, but I haven't found one. I have tried to fix the Problem by Repairing GTK Radiant 1.5.0, Repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 and Re-installing GTK Radiant 1.5.0 but these steps didn't solve the problem. I can open GTK Radiant 1.5.0 to make maps for other games but not with Quake 3 Arena. I can open q3radiant (Which is another map making program for Quake 3 Arena which ID Software used to make Quake 3 Arena) so I don't know what's wrong with GTK Radiant 1.5.0.

Other people also have this problem: http://www.gtkforums.com/about1418.html

I have checked the GTK Radiant 1.5.0 folder and everything is the same of when I installed it the very first time.

My Laptop Specification can be found here: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-pavilion-zt3000/4507-3121_7-30598913.html

This was the first time I had this problem and tried fixing the problem but unfortunately, had no success. I was in the middle of making my very first map before this problem occurred and can't continue because of this problem.

If anybody knows how to fix this problem or has had this problem and fixed it, please don't hesitate to post a reply.

Last edited by PaN61 on 12-26-2010 06:59 PM, edited 1 time in total.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 12-24-2010 02:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Test GTK 1.4 and ZeroRadiant 1.6
Uninstall 1.5 ..reboot .. install 1.4
Unsinstall 1.5 .. reboot .. re-install 1.5
http://robotrenegade.com/radiant/downloads.html
Upgrade your video card drivers while your at it. I would find the HP driver page but my connection is fuxered.

Have you installed any new software lately ?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 12-24-2010 03:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PaN61 wrote:
GtkGLExt-WARNING (recursed) **: Cannot create GdkGL Context

This here is the problem. Essentially it's GtkRadiant telling you that you don't have OpenGL drivers installed.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-24-2010 04:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have found the solution to the GTK Radiant 1.5.0 start up error (#1).

I didn't have to install GTK Radiant 1.4.0, Zero Radiant 1.6.0 or update my video card drivers. I also didn't install any new software recently so that didn't cause the error. I already have OpenGL Drivers installed so that also wouldn't be causing the problem.

Apparently the error was from a new monitor; a 19" BenQ FP92W Wide-Screen LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitor (Can you believe it?), so I connected my HP Pavilion zt3000 Laptop back to my original 17" ViewSonic VA702 LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitor (Because I like Dual Screen Workstations) and I also Re-Installed GTK Radiant 1.5.0 just to be sure and the editor was working just like before (I don't have to connect my Laptop to a monitor, but in my opinion, Dual Screen is better then Single Screen).

So the GTK Radiant Start up error occurred due to a new 19" BenQ FP92W Wide-Screen LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) monitor. So I urge anybody else who has this problem (#1) to check if it's a new/another monitor, The Editor, Video Card Drivers or any new Software that you have installed which is causing the start up error.

Last edited by PaN61 on 12-26-2010 07:01 PM, edited 1 time in total.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 12-24-2010 10:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have a future in Tech Support.
glad your sorted

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-26-2010 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#2: I have yet another problem with GTK Radiant 1.5.0 but not as big as #1 (Which I haven't encountered before) but, in my opinion, it's still very important to be classified as a problem.

The problem is the Texture Windows Menu (Which shows all the Folders that textures are in) can't recognize my Custom Texture Set (P61CTF1) folder but the textures which are used in the map from the Custom Texture Set load and show up in the Texture window and the Camera Window. All the ID Software Texture Folders show up but not my Custom Texture Set (Apparently, the textures from custom maps in my baseq3 folder also don't show up in the Texture Windows Menu).

My Engine Path (GTK Radiant 1.5.0 -> Edit -> Preferences -> Settings -> Paths) is "C:/Games/Quake III Arena/" which allows me to view the ID Software texture folders and should allow me to view Custom texture folders (If the engine path is different, no texture folders would show up at all). I tried to fix the problem by Re-Installing GTK Radiant 1.5.0 and Restarting my Laptop but these steps didn't solve the problem. My Custom Texture Set folder location is C:/Games/Quake III Arena/baseq3/Textures/P61CTF1 and I also removed the P61CTF1 Texture Set.txt (Which is inside the P61CTF1 Texture Folder) to see if that was causing the problem but the texture folder still won't show up in the Texture Windows Menu.

I tried q3radiant (Build 179) and all the texture folders show up in the Textures menu (ID Software Textures and Custom Textures show up). The only way I can add new custom textures to my map with GTK Radiant 1.5.0 is to draw new brushes and add the new custom texture/textures to the new brushes somewhere in the map with q3radiant (Build 179) and then open the map with GTK Radiant 1.5.0 to be able to see the new custom textures in the Texture Window.

If anybody knows how to fix this problem or has had this problem and fixed it, please don't hesitate to post a reply.

(P.S: If I have anymore problems with GTK Radiant 1.5.0, Instead of making a new topic for each problem, this topic will be used for every problem I encounter with GTK Radiant 1.5.0)

Last edited by PaN61 on 12-27-2010 12:02 AM, edited 1 time in total.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 12-26-2010 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

modify
Program Files\Quake III Arena\baseq3\scripts\shaderlist.txt
add your texture set name

There are excellent FAQ help tips at the Level Editing Forum

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-30-2011 08:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry for not posting a reply earlier but since problem #2 appeared I went back to Age of Empires II mapping then I got motivated to make maps for Quake 3 Arena again and I have found the solution to the GTK Radiant 1.5.0 texture problem (#2).

I did add my texture set name in the C:\Games\Quake III Arena\baseq3\scripts\shaderlist.txt but when I added it in, it didn't fix the problem. I thought to myself "Shaderlist.txt" for a while then it pops in my head: I have to create a shader script for my texture set, that's probably the reason why the textures don't show up. I created my shader script with Q3ASE and Notepad and placed it in C:\Games\Quake III Arena\baseq3\Textures\P61CTF1, then added my texture set name in the shaderlist.txt and it worked, GTK Radiant 1.5.0 recognized my P61CTF1 Texture Set :eek:.

Now I am currently on my way to finish my first map :). I would like to thank axbaby, ^misantropia^ and anybody else who will help me fix future problems (If I get anymore) very much.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-30-2011 09:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will test your beta when i see it posted at the level Editing Forum.
cheers

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-30-2011 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

axbaby, I was thinking of doing a private beta because I already have thought of a private team of 8 beta testers including me so if you could tell me your email address via a post here or an email to PaN61_Q3A@hotmail.com but I could change it to a public beta.

If you have any enquires about this, please post a reply or send me an email to PaN61_Q3A@hotmail.com

No hard feelings?

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-31-2011 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no hard feelings .. if i see a public beta i will download .. cheers

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.