Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        spdif halp!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: spdif halp!

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 01-23-2011 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so the other day i connected my hdtv to pc (gfx card: evga gtx 275). i also connected the spdif cable to the correct slots (black wire is in ground, red wire in in speaker.) set my default playback device to the spdif interface. yet no sound. wtf am i doing wrong?

edit: my motherboard is the asus p6t deluxe v2

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 01-24-2011 02:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spdif is digital (orange connector, usually). That'd need to go to a digital receiver, not an analog speaker.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 01-24-2011 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the one that came with my gfx card is a small thin black cable with 2 holes that says spdif and ground

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 01-24-2011 03:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah, gotcha. This is the interior cable between your motherboard and the graphics card, to pipe digital sound to the HDMI cable.

You may need to enable the interior digital out in your BIOS. I think even the external one is disabled by default.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.