how much does itunes blow
a lot  35%  [ 6 ]
fuck you steve jobs  47%  [ 8 ]
only from time to time  17%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 17
Topic Starter Topic: got an ipod, F itunes

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-30-2011 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well my sister let me her old nano to use as a player from time to time, but i'll be damned if I install itunes just to transfer some music to this thing from time to time. Wikipedia has a decent list of other managers but I wondered if anyone here had any recommendations from time to time.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-30-2011 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CopyTrans Manager is pretty good, although I went back to using gayTunes.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-30-2011 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never had problems with iTunes so I don't know why people make a fuss about it.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 01-31-2011 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably because for iTunes to even work, you need quicktime installed. Integrates itself into Firefox, and plays all media by default. Can't even disable the plugin either, and if you uninstall it, it breaks iTunes.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-31-2011 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a lot of apple junk on my computer all just to transfer some mp3s to a music player.

Granted I haven't used it in years but when I did the Windows version was buggy as shit. Basically its a lot I don't need or want. Believe me, I much prefer simple players that you can drag and drop files to, but I'm not going to turn down a free player for short outings.

Edit: Yeah I'm not completely anti-apple so I don't want it to be like that. Had I bought a touch or if I had an iPad I'd use iTunes because it's pretty much necessary to get full function out of it (not counting jailbreaking or whatever, speaking in general). This is just music. I've managed to go without installing quicktime on this laptop I just got a month ago or so as well and I'd like to keep that. So far the only website that's even said I was missing a plugin was rickygervais.com and it ended up loading fine so I'm not missing it too much.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-01-2011 08:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I've never had problems with iTunes so I don't know why people make a fuss about it.

This :up:

I've had a glitch or two over the last couple of years but its been far better than WMP ever was and works seamlessly with my phone.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-17-2011 05:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
CopyTrans Manager is pretty good

:up: workin for me

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-17-2011 10:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no problem here, don't have one, yay

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.