Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Xbox media center

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Xbox media center

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-28-2011 11:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I'm running Windows 7 x64 on my PC and have the slim 360. I can stream media just fine using the built in media server on both my 360 and PS3. However, when I try to add my 360 as an extender for media center it can never connect.

Any ideas? My goal is to get MKV files to play.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-29-2011 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Firewall and etc has been checked?

Its kinda simple, but honestly, alot of simple things hinder it.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 06-15-2011 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I ended up just converting the files to mp4 and then renaming them to avi...

It's probably due to my weird dual router network setup. I don't think I even run a PC firewall though.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-15-2011 11:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh? Does the xbox have support for mp4? What encoder did you use for the video stream then?

edit:
oh wait, you're probably talking about the mpeg-4 compression algorithm, not the container format.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 06-16-2011 08:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used this with default settings and did a batch convert of each season's folder:
http://xenonmkv.ev98.net/

I think renaming them to .avi is just a silly defect in Windows Media Library. It uses the file extension to determine whether to parse the file and where to place it in your library. So to get an mp4 to show up in my videos I had to use avi. I think it might be related to the last bullet-point under downsides.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.