Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Program to "Stop all internet activity"?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Program to "Stop all internet activity"?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Program to "Stop all internet activity"?

I have used the Zonealarm firewall for years and always found the "Stop al internet activity" feature useful, but now in the latest version that feature has been removed. What program can I use to do the same thing now? (I'll stil use Zonealarm, I just want a program that can "Stop all internet activity".)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about NOT upgrading to the latest version?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a firewall. Isn't it a security risk to run an outdated version? Exploits? Holes?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

unplug your modem when not in use

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I uninstalled that version and switched back to the old version. When you uninstall they give you a survey so I told them about the problem and another problem which was it doesn't let you have programs "Always ask" for access (like the old version does). Maybe they'll fix it.

SoM wrote:
unplug your modem when not in use

I don't usually have access to the modem, other people use it too (it's a modem/router). So I'd be unplugging my LAN cable which can wear it out if you do so a lot, it's obvious cause they've made some LAN cables that they say are heavy-duty for where PCs are frequently being plugged in and unplugged. I don't know if mine is a heavy-duty one I got it without packaging, I don't want to unplug it and plug it pack in so very often in case it's not.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.