Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Connection problems

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Connection problems

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 01-20-2012 07:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm setting up a game of quake 3 team arena for people on my lan to access, as well as some friends accessing it over the internet. No problem on the lan side of things, but those accessing it remotely don't seem to be able to see the server. I'm not very good at the technical side of things, so please bear with me . . .

Those accessing remotely have the server name, ip address (including port number). I've configured the firewall to allow connections from any pc to that port. I've configured port forwarding on my router to forward requests for that port to the pc that's running the game. I've followed the steps outlined here:

http://www.sp1r1t.org/networks/q3_insta ... #appendixc

But still no luck. Is there something I am missing, or haven't checked? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-23-2012 08:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we cannot help this poor fella?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-25-2012 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could it be that they might be trying to access the wrong ip? As in the actual ip of your connection vs. a router generated ip? Only thing I can think of so far.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.