Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Can not play important replay file

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Can not play important replay file

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-25-2012 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Created this way:
Openarena in linux launched quake3 mod
(It started autorecording which q3 did not.)
recorded q3tourney3 (Klesk) (at nighmare)

Can not play in wine - openarena - openarena quake3 mod

I might have a chance to work something out if I could edit replay file to be using baseoa folder instead of baseq3.
It can not be changed by editing the file in notepad...
Is there some editor for it ?

Do you want to try the replay ?

Its important to me, because it was a first time I did this arena on nightmare. First time is always special !

/edit: Idea 2
About the idea of base folder, there are two options which could allow me to play it.
1: I would have to go somewhere in the Openarena program (code maybe) and change name of base folder from baseoa to baseq3 and rename baseoa to baseq3 manually.
It would run Openarena, but used the baseq3 folder name, so the replay would not say that client/server game data mishmas (this would also reguire add quake3 map and bot to the Openarena)
2: As I said, edit replay file to use baseoa folder (and add quake3 map and bot to the Openarena)

Running reaplay in Quake say unable to open reaplay file.
(I dont know how to edit the program to use renamed base folder)

Last edited by Bluu on 06-26-2012 07:13 AM, edited 4 times in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-25-2012 07:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know about that setup, but have you tried moving the file to that folder you said it should be in to play it from?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-26-2012 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dont much understand, but if the replay file is displayed in the game, that means it is in the right folder.

//edit:Idea2 added to the first post

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.