Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        GeForce 304.79 beta drivers add TXAA, fix bugs

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GeForce 304.79 beta drivers add TXAA, fix bugs

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-04-2012 09:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

geforce 304.79 betas

Quote:

Fixed a compatibility issue with Civilization V and GeForce 400/500 series GPUs
Fixed instances of flickering or missing mouse cursor when hardware cursor is enabled (reported with Aion, World of Warcraft, Eve Online and others).
Fixed instances of very low frame rates in Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DX11).
Fixed an issue that caused a PC reboot instead of a PC shut down.
Fixed an issue that led to a black screen after driver installation.
Power management mode settings now persist across driver overinstalls.

download linkage

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm surprised that bugs like that were in an actual release of a driver. Puts me off beta drivers. Is a beta not considered a release, though? Well I don't have a graphics card at the moment, so it's by the by, but stuff like this is discouraging.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 04:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In the classical sense, a beta is a feature complete release of the product that is being released to the public so that it can be exposed to a wider range of configurations and user behaviors. The goal is to draw out and eliminate any bugs that the developers haven't found yet because they couldn't test for it or weren't aware that a situation required to reproduce the bug could actually occur.

It could be that the bugs listed there only occurred in very specific scenarios that haven't been tested before, which seems like a valid thing to happen with beta software.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OIC, I should have known that. (Think I must have forgotton.)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.