Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        weird mouse2 bug in fps'

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: weird mouse2 bug in fps'

Lightbringer
Lightbringer
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For the past few weeks I've been having a weird mouse bug - it only happens in FPS' and newer ones at that. Whenever I press mouse2 within a game (typically alt-fire), my view shifts 90 degrees in a random direction. It's the strangest thing. I tried using a different mouse and the problem persists. I tried installing new drivers (Win 7 x64) and it did nothing. It's really frustrating. Any ideas? :dork:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 06:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brand of mice ?

make sure you don't have anything like zoom in on m2 bound

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also, have you try to email said game company who made it with what you're experiencing ?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 07:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Install any new software recently? I suspect something is hijacking mouse inputs and binding a RMB input into a 90-degree turn. It's an odd one though.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
brand of mice ?

make sure you don't have anything like zoom in on m2 bound

As I said, I tried different mice (Logitech, Dell, etc) and the issue persists - it must be a software issue of some sort. :dork:

obsidian wrote:
Install any new software recently? I suspect something is hijacking mouse inputs and binding a RMB input into a 90-degree turn. It's an odd one though.

Mostly games, but I have no idea what would cause this. I started noticing the problem after installing Rage, although I'm not sure if it's the culprit.

It's really strange how this bug affects newer games only - anything pre-2005 is just fine.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-22-2012 11:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

still have Rage ? uninstall it and see if it persists.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer
PostPosted: 09-23-2012 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tried it, no-go :cry:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-23-2012 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just for testing, rebind m2 to m1 n m1 to m2

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.