Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Client/server mismatch after loading instagib mod

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Client/server mismatch after loading instagib mod

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 09-29-2012 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm getting the "Client/server mismatch: BASEQ3-1" error when I load the instagib mod and try to spawn a server. Other mods seem to work fine. Any ideas as to why? I am using version 1.32. For that matter, is there a difference between 1.32 and 1.32c? Thanks.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-29-2012 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, 1.32c is a newer patch. The latest IIRC is 1.32d, though not too many servers are running it.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-30-2012 11:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't think there's a protocol version between the two 1.32 patches though.
Maybe the instagib mod was built on old pre-1.27 source code?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-01-2012 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

Ah. I bet this is it perhaps. I would use QSwitch to try it but I doubt many people are running 1.27 anyhow. I did just think of a way to manually make it insta which is by using noghost to modify the game in console, i.e. increasing weapon damage, etc.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-02-2012 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, here's the final thing holding me back-- So I switched to using Instagib+ which works great (except that you can't allow multiple weapons at once). Now, I made a command line shortcut to launch a dedicated server which executes the following:

"C:\Program Files\Quake III Arena\Quake III Arena\quake3.exe" +set dedicated 1 +exec instactf.cfg +vstr m1 +fs_game instagibplus +instagib 7

But I am getting the following error messages:

Code:
couldn't exec instactf.cfg
fs_game is write protected.
Hitch warning: 9439009 msec frame time

If I'm not mistaken, the hitch warning can be ignored (?) but I can't figure why it's not loading the config and also, the mod probably won't be started if I'm getting that fs_game error. I tried putting the config in both /cfg and /baseq3 so it should be seeing it. Anyone care to flex their Quake knowledge and debug me here? :confused: This is on Windows 7 just so we're clear on that, but you probably should have realized that by looking at my shortcut up there. Thanks again.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-02-2012 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try putting the +fs_game switch as the first one after quake3.exe

I assume the +vstr m1 switch starts a map rotation? That means you tell Quake 3 to start loading a map, and afterwards you tell it to switch to a different mod which by that time is no longer possible.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-03-2012 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try making a config with this site

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
try making a config with this site

Actually, you are on the total right track. I figured out yesterday that the config itself had flawed code. The irony is that I copied that config template from a forum and just modified the variables but there was something wrong with it to begin with. So I was able to make a new config that is correctly doing my map rotation. As far as the fs_game thing, I'm still toying with that to get it to work from the command line shortcut but I have no problem getting the server working properly at this point if I spawn it from the game and then just exec the cfg. :)

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

glad you got some of it sorted out.

you should read this too

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-04-2012 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

this is what i've been finding about instagib, only on 1.27

and isn't 1.32c/d server side only ? <-- correct me if i'm wrong plz // only play QL these days

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.