Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        mac osx dmg file

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: mac osx dmg file

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-24-2013 08:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

want to play with a mac os. I downloaded osx2 and it is a dmg file. if i convert to iso can I install it on a pc?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-24-2013 09:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

WTF is osx2? Mac OS X can't be installed on a normal PC. Go buy a Mac.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-25-2013 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you can dual boot a windows os on a mac, I think, so why not the opposite

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-25-2013 09:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because Apple won't let you, they have hardware restrictions. At least that's the case with all legal options, even with illegal hacked versions it is very hardware specific and many drivers don't exist. People who do that generally go out of their way to buy very specific hardware that is known to work. On top of that being illegal, I can't advocate that.

On the flip side of things, if you are installing Windows on a Mac, Boot Camp creates a Windows driver disc for your Mac hardware.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-26-2013 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks for that

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.