Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Stereoscopic 3D via Tridef and openGL to DX wrappers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Stereoscopic 3D via Tridef and openGL to DX wrappers

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 03:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey guys. It's such an obvious thing to now but for me it was a real surprise that you can play Q3 in stereo inside VR headset (no head tracking though, but I'm used to it) or just any sort of device to watch stereo pair.
I was looking for some mode for an original Q3 and ended up finding opengl to dx wrapper that works perfectly under tridef ignition software.
Here's the result - I really don't recommend trying this with 3d TV/ monitor as it's lame but if you have any HMD that will work as a extended display - go ahead. Or just use cardboard/ 3d googles for smartphone to watch this vid and decide if it's even worth trying.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-12-2016 06:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bet there are few things more puke inducing than viewing Q3A on a HMD?

You're not moving around really fast in the video though, but I guess when you go full auto on the strafejumping and twitch shots with the RG it becomes a whole different experience :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.