Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Can't open bsp files in Quake 3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Can't open bsp files in Quake 3

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-15-2014 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i can't open bsp files in quake 3 using windows 7
after /devmap mapname it will connect and immediately go back to the menu

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-15-2014 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Error messages in the console?

Maybe try /sv_pure 0 first?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-16-2014 02:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i always use sv_pure 0
and there are 2 error messages in the console
1. Fatal: can't open mapname.aas
2. attempting download (with a path that doesn't exist Error: Couldn't resolve hostname

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-16-2014 04:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this with any map, including stock id Software maps? Or is this for some custom map?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-17-2014 05:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

custom maps made by someone else work perfectly
but my own custom maps don't work on my laptop with windows 7
but work perfectly on my pc with windows xp

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-17-2014 06:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On which computer did you make the custom map? Your XP computer or Windows 7 computer?

... and why did you not think to put all this relevant information in the first post and save both of us some trouble?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-17-2014 08:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i made a custom map on windows xp and a test map on windows 7 and both won't open in windows 7
and why i didn't post it in the beginning is because i only found out both didn't work after i posted the first time sorry for that

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-17-2014 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If your Win7 PC is working fine with stock id maps and custom maps, but only your custom maps aren't working, it sounds like you have something wrong on custom map. I suspect that your XP machine has all the right files installed so that it works fine. But you're probably missing something in your custom map which is causing it to crash.

Perhaps post your custom map's .pk3 file so we can try it?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-17-2014 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i haven't made any pk3 files but i can send you the .bsp files but i don't see any file attachment on this forum

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 03-22-2014 08:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in what folder is the .bsp in?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.