Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Youtube comments have disappeared!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Youtube comments have disappeared!

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 09-25-2014 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No idea whether this is a blessing in disguise or not, but I no longer see youtube comments... just an eternal loading wheel.
Googled around a bit and all there seems to be are crappy question/answer sites with terrible non-solutions (e.g. it's not adblock, it's not youtube's comment setting, happens whether I'm logged in or not etc..)

Has anyone else come across this issue?

(possibly related - Google also appears to be "loading" forever (Read: http://www.gstatic.com))

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-25-2014 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Works for me. Try a different computer or browser?

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 09-25-2014 03:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, tried other browsers on same PC, disabled addons etc - same perma-load no matter what.

Laptop works fine! :/

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-26-2014 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea, you must reload the page, then it should work fine, too. It happens to me, too, sometimes the page is not loaded entirely with complete scripts so video is not playing and comments are not displayed. Also video thumbs are invisible. Reloaded the page and it works!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What about utorrent comments disappearance? That has happened for me. :question:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 09-27-2014 09:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's much worse :olo: Do not use torrents ;)

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-01-2014 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Surprisingly enough, something as simple as reloading the page doesn't help..! As far as a normal week of internet usage goes, the only thing affected is youtube comments. I haven't exhausted all options... have a feeling there might be hidden data somewhere as i flushed all browsing history cookies etc and still borked.

Have not reinstalled browser yet as it happens on all browsers so can't exactly see how it would help.
Also i don't really care all that much! :)

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-11-2014 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently it's something to do with google...
logged into Gmail recently and it can't/won't load the background image and some of the buttons (refresh/select/settings etc)

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-11-2014 10:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea, bad scripts I think. I reloaded page with Ctrl+R and it works fine. Using Internet Explorer 11...

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 03:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Yea, bad scripts I think. I reloaded page with Ctrl+R and it works fine. Using Internet Explorer 11...

no.
stop suggesting ctrl R and f5

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why? It works for me, and there is not much people that tell you they had same problem. When something doesn't work, I try to restart it eighter it is web page or Windows app. Only when it doesn't work at the second I ask for help... Give it the try, Google have pretty complex code and I believe it must be hard to keep it working all the time. Thumbs up anyway, Facebook sometimes shuts down and nothing will recall it back then. After about one to two hours it gets back. Google's services keep working, even when sometimes it loads half.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who uses IE

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 09:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Me and pretty more people, but noone will say he is using IE in a fear they will be smashed up by gang of Internet Explorer haters :) Anyway, it may work for all browsers, so you can safely ignore information I am using Internet Explorer. The reason I choosed this browser is it is quicker on my computer. Now you can start hating me ;)

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok, letting slide that you missed the last time I said reloading pages doesn't work, here are the things that have not worked:
f5 (surprise)
ctrl R (surprise)
disable adblock filters
uninstall adblock
cleared cache and cookies through all browsers
killed temp files of all sorts
added all google sites to trusted
"reset" internet options (MS fixit tool)
factory reset of router

I've noticed that the problem runs further than youtube comments, it's something linked to google accounts, and only on my pc (all browsers).
Tried two google sign-ins, both work on the laptop and fail to work properly on the pc - youtube comments, google+ hangouts bar doesn't load, and just plain can't connect to various google sites (support forums etc).
Laptop and PC both on the same network obviously, so it's not an ISP issue? There are no router settings blocking sites etc, but I've not discounted the possibility that it's something to do with being wired rather than wireless.

I'll wait with great anticipation for the next suggestion to press f5 though!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 09:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Google have pretty complex code and I believe it must be hard to keep it working all the time.

That's not how any of this works.

Anyway. Maybe a DNS issue, try changing it to something like opendns, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-12-2014 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hm good shout... haven't had to do that in years.
However - tried opendns and google's own public dns and same issues occur (ipconfig /flushdns between everything aswell) :(

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-14-2014 08:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you post anything rude before? This might mean Google has banned you from using comments, but it doesn't answer the forever loading, although, there could be some sticky point with ban. I got banned from many sites from being rude, just not on Google services. Informations are most important for us, we can't help without them.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 10-14-2014 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...wtf

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 10-15-2014 08:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, no, you didn't. I ran out of my suggestions now, sorry...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.