Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Sound card advice

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Sound card advice

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-29-2015 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I am looking at using a sound card again rather than the usual onboard effort. For now it'll use a standard 3.5mm Jack to go into an older surround sound system (what I use now) and headphones. But it'll be plugging into a Onkyo TX-SR313 so I would like to take advantage of that. I'm thinking of a card that uses Burr-Brown DAC and a 24bit 192khz sample rate. ASUS Xonar Essence has me covered, but I was wondering if anyone else had any good recommendations?

Cheers

DC

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-30-2015 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you gonna make professional music? 24bit is used by music makers for original music proccessing, if you need that, no problem. If you just want play your favourite songs and/or play games, 16bit DAC 96kHz sample rate will be more than enough... Remember human ear is imperfect enough to downgrade sound quality a bit... That's why CD is using 16bit 44 kHz sample rate sound files...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-03-2015 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I doubt I will record professional music, but I would still like something good enough to play the Blu-ray audio discs I have at their full potential.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-03-2015 12:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's sound advice.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-03-2015 02:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*boom tsss*

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-07-2015 01:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What you need is these: http://www.audiostream.com/content/audi ... rnet-cable
Seriously man, the quality of those bits coming through is insane.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-30-2015 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus :o

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 04-30-2015 11:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Vodka :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-30-2015 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seriously, how can you still even enjoy music without a Carbon-Based 3-Layer Noise-Dissipation System?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-01-2015 12:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seriously, most people do not care about noise, nowadays it's in the mood to listen back the gramophone plates, which are full of additional noise, but noone cares ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.