Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Crosshair colour?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Crosshair colour?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I downloaded a frag movie called numbar2 and the guy in it has a really cool crosshair. Like a light bright blue kinda colour. I found ch_crosshaircolor and its set to "white" but I cant seem to chenge it to any other colour. Can anyone tell me how is this done :confused:

Thanks.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i always thought its "cg_crosshaircolor" then a number 1-9

if not then its what you said but instead of white put the quake 3 color equivilant

1 = Red
2 = Green

so on..

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 08:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wth... /cg_crosshaircolor isn't a command?

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 08:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
i always thought its "cg_crosshaircolor" then a number 1-9

if not then its what you said but instead of white put the quake 3 color equivilant

1 = Red
2 = Green

so on..

wtf are you on?

its an osp feature, and you had the right command before bork.
ch_crosshaircolor 0xRRGGBB
where RRGGBB are Red Green Blue values in hex... just like web colors
like:
ch_crosshaircolor 0x88FF88
would give you a pale green.

but you have to turn off crosshair health.
so set cg_crosshairhealth 0

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but... my crosshair is green in vanilla q3

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 06:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's no cg_crosshaircolor in VQ3. Maybe a replacement texture/shader?

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 08:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hahaha, I was getting all happy. :(

The way my gama and everything is setup it's a bitch to see in areas with that concrete or white colored textures in most areas...

But if I go in and tamper with the pk3 where the crosshairs are stored and alter them, will PB tell me to fuck off?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Put the altered crosshairs in their own pk3.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how do I access them in game? Or do I need to just try it...maybe you could provide a link to a good source and save me the trouble of finding one... that is if you know of one.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 12:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
But if I go in and tamper with the pk3 where the crosshairs are stored and alter them, will PB tell me to fuck off?

Yes, if you mess around with the default PK3s Punkbuster will view them as corrupt.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bork[e] wrote:
how do I access them in game? Or do I need to just try it...maybe you could provide a link to a good source and save me the trouble of finding one... that is if you know of one.

The crosshairs are stored as /gfx/2d/crosshair[a-j].tga in pak0.pk3. Create your own (or base them on the existing ones), save them to baseq3/gfx/2d/crosshair[a-j].tga, zip the gfx dir and rename it to pk3. You might need to set sv_pure to zero (the algorithm Q3A uses to check if your client is pure, is kind of borked)(no pun intended).

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-29-2005 10:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks for the info, works a treat:) I was actually thinking along the same lines as Bacon and was gonna try that before I read the posts here. Thanks Dr.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 04:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now on the subject of colours how do I change my rail colour in osp? Its permently an orange kinda colour :confused:

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Set color1 to 1-7. Same goes for color2 if you have cg_oldrail set to 1.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-08-2005 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I put both color1 and color 2 to "7". One changed the enemy (bots) rail to white but neither changed my rail to white. I also tried changing oldrail but it had no affect either.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 07-08-2005 05:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Bios wrote:
I put both color1 and color 2 to "7". One changed the enemy (bots) rail to white but neither changed my rail to white. I also tried changing oldrail but it had no affect either.

Only rail trail your going to change is your own..

at least to my knowledge

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-08-2005 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check the osp-q3-ClientReadme.txt for detailed information on client-side support, variables and options
under OSP.

The Alpha and the Omega
The Alpha and the Omega
PostPosted: 07-08-2005 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Bios wrote:
That's because 7 isn't white for rail color in OSP. Use either "0", "y", or "z". Bots always have white rail by default in OSP. I'm not even sure if you can change bot rail color.

When you play other human players you can see thier rail colors, just not thier rail style (r_railwidth, r_railcorewidth, r_railsegmentlength, cg_railtrailtime), those will appear however you have them set on.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-08-2005 09:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seta color "y"
seta color1 "yyyy"
seta color2 "y"
seta cg_teamRails "2"
seta cg_enemyColors "iiii"

White teammates+rail trail
Green enemies

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 10:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahh cool it works now. Thanks for the help.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 01-18-2024 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As an ancient reference to a source code that uses a feature that dates back to 2002 and was never released, here:
https://discourse.ioquake.org/t/ancient ... ature/1871

Just in case, if the link is broken:
https://github.com/ec-/baseq3a/pull/28

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.