Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Strange screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Strange screenshots

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-08-2017 04:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When I press F11, the game makes such strange screenshots (see below). What's wrong?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-08-2017 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like memory corruption. Try to boot into BIOS, check memory condition, clear processor cache, update your graphics drivers. Try to reinstall game.

If everything above fails, then it may mean memory damage and thus you may replace RAM. It may be also RAM overload, memory leak, that may cause this happen...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-08-2017 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In fact, on making the previous screenshoot I connected to a server and at the end of the game another screenshot was made automatically. And this screenshot is OK. "Strange" screenshots happen, when I press F11 to make them.
If I press F11 twice, the game crashes.
Later I removed my q3config.cfg, so the game created a new one by default and since then F11 makes normal screenshots.
So, what parameters in q3config.cfg can make such a bug?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-08-2017 02:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know. I leaved F11 tp TGA screenshots and made F12 to make JPG screenshots, although, I leaved most of original settings (except for video settings)... Really hard to say. Maybe post your q3config here so anyone here could help?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-09-2017 12:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
Looks like memory corruption. Try to boot into BIOS, check memory condition, clear processor cache, update your graphics drivers. Try to reinstall game.

If everything above fails, then it may mean memory damage and thus you may replace RAM. It may be also RAM overload, memory leak, that may cause this happen...

What a load of bollocks.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.