Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Dxtory makes ioQuake3 crash?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Dxtory makes ioQuake3 crash?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-17-2018 09:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried recording ioQuake3 with Dxtory, but as soon as I try to load ioQuake3 it just crashes.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-18-2018 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's an old program, try running it in compatability mode (right-click).

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 01-20-2018 04:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't think so, it's a recording program the current version I've got is from 2014. It oddly enough works in the default Quake3 executable, but just not ioQuake3.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-23-2018 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strange. It probably doesn't support some libraries ioquake3 uses for render engine, and therefore it crashes. Doesn't make sense, though...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.