Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Good app for burning multiple discs

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Good app for burning multiple discs

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got about 15 gigs of data I need to burn to DVD, so of course I need an app that will span a single burn project onto multiple discs, as in, I insert one DVD it fills it up, I put another in, it fills it up, and so on until all the files are burned. I tried nero, but didn' see any way to do this, since it spit the disc out and said to put one in with a 15,000 meg capacity.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

winRAR++++

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 05:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TBH, I hate WinRar, I wish there was another program that would read rar files, but I do think you are right. WinRar seems like it would be the easiest and best choice to do what you need

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 06:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nero BackItUp :up:

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 06:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
WinRar burns Dvds :?

I do not believe so, but you could make the files all rar files and name them something like DVD1, DVD2, and so on, it will also break up the files so that a 7 GB file will fit onto two DVDs. Of course you know this, cause I think you told me a long time ago, lol

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 07:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would've done that, but the person recieving these DVDs is no where near knowledgable enough to put a split rar back together. I bit the bullet and just did a drag and drop over into 4 DVD projects in Nero and burned each one.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 01:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you try to put on too much data on one DVD in WinOnCD 6 it asks you something like "Do you want to span the data over several disks?". Actually I never used this feature but it seems WinOnCD could serve your needs...

Gomu Gomu no.....
Gomu Gomu no.....
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:
TBH, I hate WinRar, I wish there was another program that would read rar files, but I do think you are right. WinRar seems like it would be the easiest and best choice to do what you need

ZipGenius is a free program that reads rars but you can't make them.

-An eyeful a day is bloody fantastic!-

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 02:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:

ZipGenius (See above), Total Commander, and my personal favorite: IZArc.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4g3nt_Smith wrote:
I would've done that, but the person recieving these DVDs is no where near knowledgable enough to put a split rar back together. I bit the bullet and just did a drag and drop over into 4 DVD projects in Nero and burned each one.

self extracting exe... duh.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Macs can't run exes, now can they?

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 04:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you never mentioned a mac.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because I assumed platform wouldn't matter when burning mp3's to Data DVDs.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 06:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4g3nt_Smith wrote:

wow, I assumed you meant that there had to be some order to the files or that the files were over one DVD in size. Burning 4 DVDs is not exactly a strenuous project, I know, I've burnt 5 for all my music, movies and pictures when I reformatted. You are lazy.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 09:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im allmost posative that nero will tell you if the disk is over sized and if you would like to attempt an overburn or spread it across disk's....

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 01:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I k now it is a bit late, but I was thinking why not use your iPod

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You sir, are a massive postwhore.

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4g3nt_Smith wrote:
You sir, are a massive postwhore.

actually I was just thinking about that as I reset my iPod. My iPod is being a little bitch, I reset it and every time I try to sync the iPod it logs me off after about 100 songs.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm, I doubt its an iPod issue, since I doubt an mp3 player could log you out of Windows. Perhaps you have a virus or some apyware thanks to IE?

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4g3nt_Smith wrote:
Hmm, I doubt its an iPod issue, since I doubt an mp3 player could log you out of Windows. Perhaps you have a virus or some apyware thanks to IE?

yes i am sure it is EQ isnt it. After all just after restoring my iPod to factory it starts restarting, not logging off my bad, my computer. I initially thought my screen saver was fucking it up so I turned it off, basic XP screensaver nothing fancy or CPU intensive and was working within Windows and it rebooted my computer again.

I then went to the iPod forums on Apple and it seems I am not the only one havin issues with the 02-22-2005 updating software. I am taking their advice and am going to ignore your crap as that is all it is. A rather poor save for Apple and even sorrier stab at Windows. You are so sad :icon19:

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing as how the 2/22 update does nothing to 4th gen iPods, sicne the firmware inside is just the previous one. That and I enjoy how you revive a dead thread to whine about your screwup whivh has no bearing on the topic of the thread.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 02:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would you two quit whining at each other. Private Message is there for a reason. Use it :icon10:

:icon8:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 03-01-2005 08:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:

http://www.winace.com/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.