Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        webserver logs

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: webserver logs

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

for those of you who run webservers, Im used to seeing various hax attempts on my apache server, but this is a new one. any ideas what this is?

61.31.159.178 - - [17/Feb/2005:12:17:52 -0500] "CONNECT ms8.hinet.net:25 HTTP/1.0" 200 941

seems to be alot of "connect" attempts. especially from that dynamic.tfn.net.tw domain. I think port 25 is for mail, but im not running a mail server.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-17-2005 08:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check your etc/services file and see what's defined to 25. I think it's smtp though. As long as you aren't running a smtp server then it's not a problem.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-18-2005 07:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow. the only thing that comes to mind is someone's probing for a james server, a mail app which runs over apache on port 25. That's a strange one, there're no nerds bitching about this on any of my security lists.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.