Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Quake is dark

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake is dark

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My quake has gone all dark. I had this problem before and someone told me to type something and it fixed the problem.
Anybody know what to type ?, Thanks.

PostPosted: 02-20-2005 06:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quit the game and run it again. If that doesnt fix it, play with

r_gamma

no u
no u
PostPosted: 02-20-2005 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

could be this one too:

seta r_ignorehwgamma "0" (0/1)

*wank*
*wank*
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

r_overbrightbits or something

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

signa wrote:
could be this one too:

seta r_ignorehwgamma "0" (0/1)

yup most likely

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 03:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got this same problem too...but I have no idea what "seta r_ignorehwgamma "0" (0/1)" means. I can usually fix the darkness level by going into the display properties and manually scrolling the brightness bar, but this gets annoying having to do this constantly. Anyone think they can help me out?

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 07:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it means type that in the console so it writes it to your config and then you don't have to fix it everytime you play.

PostPosted: 02-26-2005 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could also try FuhQuake. It's a complete makeover for Quake. It improves the game quite a bit visually.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 02-26-2005 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pardon my computer illiterateness...but I don't even know how to do that. Is that where you go into the game, and press the "~" button to make that command menu thing come down? Or is typing into the console something else…

I'll look into that FuhQuake thing too. Thanks.

PostPosted: 02-26-2005 11:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BlueBomber wrote:
Pardon my computer illiterateness...but I don't even know how to do that. Is that where you go into the game, and press the "~" button to make that command menu thing come down? Or is typing into the console something else…

I'll look into that FuhQuake thing too. Thanks.

Yes, the console is where you press ~ and the dropdown appears.

ANd no problem. :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.