Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        What happened to Apple's new video codec?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What happened to Apple's new video codec?

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 03:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Remember at the expo where they introduced the G5, they also had a demonstration of a new video codec that let them encode HDTV quality stuff in a small file that could be scrubbed through instantly?

They demonstrated this using Finding Nemo, I believe. It looked okay, but is it vaporware?

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/h264.html

http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/h264faq.html

Not really Apple's, as its part of the mpeg-4 standard, but it should hit big with the release of Tiger and Quicktime 7 sometime this half of 2005. That, and according to the FAQ page, its the mandatory standard on HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs as well.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was a new codec all together and possibly a new format...

I encoded an mp4 video a year before Apple made this STUNNING innovation. What fags.

Mmmmm Blu-Ray. Too bad idiot America will probably want HD-DVDs because they'll assume it's the same thing as DVDs and some cunt Chinese company probably already has SD-DVD/HD-DVD players on the market.

Blu-Ray destroys HD-DVD in my opinion. I just hope it hits it big in America.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com