Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        What happened to Apple's new video codec?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What happened to Apple's new video codec?

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 03:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Remember at the expo where they introduced the G5, they also had a demonstration of a new video codec that let them encode HDTV quality stuff in a small file that could be scrubbed through instantly?

They demonstrated this using Finding Nemo, I believe. It looked okay, but is it vaporware?

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/h264.html

http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/h264faq.html

Not really Apple's, as its part of the mpeg-4 standard, but it should hit big with the release of Tiger and Quicktime 7 sometime this half of 2005. That, and according to the FAQ page, its the mandatory standard on HD-DVD and Blu-ray discs as well.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was a new codec all together and possibly a new format...

I encoded an mp4 video a year before Apple made this STUNNING innovation. What fags.

Mmmmm Blu-Ray. Too bad idiot America will probably want HD-DVDs because they'll assume it's the same thing as DVDs and some cunt Chinese company probably already has SD-DVD/HD-DVD players on the market.

Blu-Ray destroys HD-DVD in my opinion. I just hope it hits it big in America.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.