Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Firefox download manager & DAP

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Firefox download manager & DAP

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

After I uninstalled Download Accelerator, Firefox is still trying to use it for downloads, and of course messing up.

Anyone know how to fix this?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nm.. it was a plugin with a stupid name.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

download accelerators dont really do anything...i thought

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Depends on the accelerator. Many of them can search for alternative sources (but this is now rare, with so many sites with 'leech protection' on them, you can't get the direct downloads.
Also resuming downloads (even after a reboot) is another feature. However for always-on broadband, this again isn't such a big thing anymore. Still good for 56k users.

The division between surfing and downloading large files is bigger now with P2P swallowing the large download area, so download accelerators aren't as handy as previously.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The other downside is that many of them contain malware.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

K-mart Shopper wrote:
Nm.. it was a plugin with a stupid name.

if you use the flashgot plugin you should perhaps uninstal that as well (under xtras > extensions) - and then reinstall, if needed

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 06:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't use any extensions.. I installed DAP because Microsoft download was going slow.. that's pretty much the only reason :paranoid:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 11:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yea, I stopped using download accelerators about the time I switched to broadband. Also, the points mentioned by Foo were starting to grate my nerves.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-27-2005 04:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

go into the firefox folder\plugins (most likely C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins)

delete npdap.dll.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.