Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        So, Maccy people. Email help.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: So, Maccy people. Email help.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A friend of mine recently installed OSX onto his main mac machine; which won't run outlook 5 where we need to import the emails from. His laptop runs OS9 and has all the emails on; however, that won't run thunderbird. I have the identities from outlook on a CD (or I can just network between he two machines), however it seems thunderbird needs outlook to of been ran and working to import through thunderbird.

So to recap, we have:
an OS9 machine running Outlook but can't run thunderbird
an OSX machine running thunderbird but can't run outlook

I found this- http://www.weirdkid.com/products/emailchemy/ which seems to work, but it requies you to pay. I'm looking for a free solution. The ideal solution would be for thunderbird to let you manually choose the outlook identities like the other clients.

Oh, and go easy on me; I only use Windows/Linux.

Thanks.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Microsoft does have an OS X email client called "Entourage". It's essentially outlook for the mac, and comes with Office. There is a free "Test drive" for Office 2004 where he can try out the programs. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/e ... ourage2004

There is also Outlook 2001 for the mac, but I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads. ... sreq=False

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cheers I'll have to check that out. Can they both import from the raw identity files rather than having to have the software installed / working first? Oh and I meant outlook express, sorry.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe Entourage can, I havent used Outlook 2001.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool. The guys on holiday at the moment but I shall report back next week when he's back :).

Thanks again. Oh, and I keep wanting to right-click when using his damn machine :E

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-09-2005 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If he has a 2-button USB mouse he can right-click, or you can press the control key and click to get contextual menus to pop up.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, cool. I'll have to try it then

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.