Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Hey everyone!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Hey everyone!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-16-2007 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's your old pal missingdigits! I thought I would re-register and stop by to see what has been up lately. Nice to see some familiar names like Canis, DB, Mike and Sam. Cool. I didn't even know this forum was still up!

I sure do miss the old days of being a mod and hanging out here all of the time. That sure was fun. Yes, annoying and frustrating at times, but fun. I can still recall the days when "Mac" was a dirty word and having to delete 5-20 spams a night in the early days. My how things have changed...

Anyway, I hope to check back here more often in the future and see what's going on. As for myslef, I adopted a puppymill rescue dog about a year ago and have since devled deeply into the dog rescue world. In fact I run a crude website for the rescue group I am a member of. Please check it out when you get a chance. It's at http://www.fluffybutts.com. Please also check out the puppmills page and Max's blog. Max is my dog. He has no teeth, is blind in one eye and was "de-barked" by having a pipe shoved down his throat and hit with a hammer. Ok, ok, enough shameless plugging...

BTW nice job modding Canis. Glad you are still here.

MD

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-18-2007 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi, but WTF with the whole max thing?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-18-2007 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
hi, but WTF with the whole max thing?

LOL, what do you mean? Could you be more specific? :)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 03-18-2007 02:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why would someone smash a dogs teeth out?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-18-2007 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
why would someone smash a dogs teeth out?

Doom, they didn't smash his teeth out. They were so rotted away that they had to be all removed when he was rescued, which is very common in puppymill dogs. Please check out more information about puppymills so you can get an idea of what kind of conditons they "live" in. As for his "de-barking", they shoved pipe down his throat and hit it with a hammer. It's the cheap easy way to de-bark. You can't have 2-300 dogs in cages barking all of the time now can you? Seriously, few people know what goes on at puppymills. It is so sickening you would not believe it.

Check out this website:

http://www.prisonersofgreed.org/

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-04-2007 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice to see you again!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-06-2007 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey hey.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 04-26-2007 08:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no spamming

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 05-11-2007 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hiya!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-31-2007 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Calling yourself missing digits as a carpenter was already cruel. What you're telling about those dogs is downright sickening. At least there seem to be people who care about it, which is a good thing.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 08-31-2007 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye! I finally managed to get my old account back:)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 09-01-2007 12:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mint

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-02-2007 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Michael Vick thing is starting to make dog/animal abuse a bit more public, which is a good thing. More people are becoming aware about these atrocities. It's disgusting and cruel.

We have a beautiful black lab (he's basically a purebred with a white spot in the middle of his chest - so apparently he wasn't perfect enough) who was used to agitate the actual fighting dogs before they were released to fight each other. His teeth were filed down so he couldn't defend himself (so horrible) and he also had a debarking technique applied to him. In spite of all of this, he's very well adjusted and basically normal. It did take him a while getting him comfortable around other dogs though.

It's just disgusting. Keep up with great work MD!

Roman Conqueror
Roman Conqueror
PostPosted: 09-08-2007 10:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey md!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.