Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Trouble playing once again.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Trouble playing once again.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-28-2007 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is anyone on Tiger in the latest update having problems playing. I get bumped back to the main menu many times, have almost given up, but holding out, because there is still nothing like Quake3 Area out there for action and accuracy.

Please describe the correct path for the main PB folder, and to update
In which Library? I've tried it in several different places and terminal says I am not conmnected on the pb server, or something near to that.

Is "\pb_cl_enable" the only terminal command I must use for PB to be activated? I'm not running a server game.

I've tried downloading all the Maps for all the different Mods, but maybe I am not getting them complete.

Any help would be appreciated. :icon23:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-28-2007 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You might have to do a manual installation of pb. I can't remember how myself but someone here will know!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 06-28-2007 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have installed PB three to four different ways, used pbsetup, pdweb.app, installed into user/lib/apsupt/q3/pb, then `/app/Q3/pb/, then `/lib/apsupt/Q3/pb/, tried replacing the appfolder pb w the -lib/apsuprt/Q3/pb folder.

Shhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeetttttttttttt. I get knocked off of game after game with "pb client: not connected to pb server" so I go on and re enable pb in terminal: \pb_cl_enable.

How many foooockkking times do I reinstall PB? I hate this crappy Gawd Dimmmmm pb. I have played as long as the Q3 has been out. I can't anymore on the G5.

I can play only one or two of running games. Goddimmittt.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-01-2007 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when in doubt, put pb in both library directories and see if it helps.
Also, evenbalance are okay at helping with problems if you contact them describign the problem and what you have done already

gl :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.