Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Mac-Windows Network

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Mac-Windows Network

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-08-2007 06:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mac noob alert...

First of all, how do I go about setting up file and printer sharing between a Mac and Windows computer? I got them hooked up and sharing the internet.

And more advanced, is there any programs that can help sync between certain folders between my Mac and Windows computers? I'd like to be able to sync my music collection, photos, videos, other multimedia files, etc. I'd like to do this periodically to make sure I don't end up with duplicate or orphaned files.

Even better if I can somehow sync email between Thunderbird (and maybe in Apple Mail)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-26-2007 01:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

best bet for printing across both would be to use a post script printer in the lan port.

sync - you're going to need an apple share folder for that on a windows server.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.