Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Pokemon Lite Blue needs a coder

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Pokemon Lite Blue needs a coder

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-30-2010 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well our moddb page describes it the best way , but still I'll tell you the basic idea about it. We are planning to make a pokemon game, where you are the pokemon, fighting in the wild. This is NOT a trainer based game.

Our team currently consists of :
TRL (3D, 2D artist)
Shane (Sound manager)
Naturemon (2D artist)
Me (Mapper, 3D artist)

We need coders right now.

Please not that moddb page displays our mod to be based on UT3 engine... but that was cancelled cause we didn't find a coder with the desired skill level. So currently we are looking for a quake3/4 coder. Those interested please reply here or send me a pm.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-30-2010 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moved to Programming Discussion, Q4D is more or less dead.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-01-2010 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No one? Please don't worry about nintendo sending us C&D. There is another mod for hl 2 out there which is working perfectly and is way more popular than us.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-08-2010 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I cannot find you on moddb.com. Where are you?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-08-2010 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could have sworn I posted the link but it disappeared. Anyways here you go : http://www.moddb.com/games/pokemon-lite-blue

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-09-2010 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What would you like to do on the coding side? What features are plannend?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-09-2010 08:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well we are planning to have these pokemon in the first beta.
Charmander
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Pidgey
Pikachu
Dratini
Voltorb
Oddish

They all will have their own set of attacks and a unique special ability. For eg Pidgey will have 'Keen eye' which enables it to zoom its view.
Also an rage meter has been planned which when completely filled will allow them to unleash a devastating attack or transform (transformations are not planned in the first beta). The game will have a 3rd person view with a self adjusting camera when using lock on.

If you need any further info, feel free to ask.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-09-2010 10:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think as a coder i am not skilled enough for you. Are there other free jobs at your team? Another Mapper?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-09-2010 12:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well we could definetely use your help. Give me the link of your moddb profile and I'll send you an invitation.

The search for coders continues...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-09-2010 08:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-09-2010 10:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Invitation sent. Welcome aboard :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-11-2010 10:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Come on People. 186 views and still no one up?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-16-2010 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't take my word for it, since I am new around here, but, in my limited time using these forums it seems to me that there are only 2 types of programmers using this forum (no offense to anyone, and this is just my guess etc):

1. Old pro's who have moved on from q3 a long time ago, but grace us with some help and wisdom

2. Struggling new coders trying to make sense of the q3 mod code while they chip away at trying to get their own project to work.

If I am right about that, it follows (imo) that neither type would want to join the mod of someone who comes in looking for coders. I don't say that to be discouraging, I'm just trying to help you understand a possible reason why you haven't gotten any coders.

On another note, if any coders actually do want to help with other people's projects, well my project could use your help too :p :p :p

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-16-2010 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ This. The Q3A modding scene doesn't have much of a mid-level anymore, I'm afraid.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.