Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Quake (3) Standards Group -Where are ye?!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake (3) Standards Group -Where are ye?!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-16-2010 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey all,

I'm wondering what happened to the Quake Standards Group website? Did the bill not get paid again? Was there no back up or archiving of data so after the server crashed there was nothing to put back on the website? Inquiring minds want to know! If anyone has any information please let me know. There was some great Q3 programmers on there, Milkman(?), Bandit, ect, who were really helpful and in general helped with explanations of code. (Not that you guys aren't ^^ )

Thanks!

Co11ision

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 05-16-2010 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean quakesrc.org? It's been off-line since late 2007. Its admin Ender shut it down but I can't quite remember why (no money? no time?). Much of its community is still active on the various Quake forums, even here. =)

Someone made a backup of many of its tutorials: http://www.quake-1.com/docs/quakesrc.org/

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-16-2010 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's good to know that some of them still linger about. Thank you ^misantropia^ for the information and the link!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.